Congressman Keith Ellison

Representing the 5th District of Minnesota


Federal Agency Casework Assistance

Our office is able to help constituents with problems you may be having with a federal agency. Our office has four caseworkers who operate out of our district office. While we cannot force an agency to act in your favor, we can frequently intervene to facilitate the processes involved and gain a fair hearing for your case, and sometimes advocate for a favorable outcome.

We are often able to help constituents with problems regarding, but not limited to:

  • Medicare & Medicaid
  • Social Security
  • Labor Issues and EEOC
  • Federal Emergency Management Agency
  • Federal Housing
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
  • Internal Revenue Service
  • Military and Medals
  • Passports
  • Department of veterans Affairs
  • Other federal programs and agencies

Helpful Steps For A Favorable Outcome

First fill out our casework assistance request & privacy release form by verifying your zip code below. This form generates the paperwork required before we act on your behalf.

Important note: The Privacy Act of 1974 requires that we have written authorization before we can obtain information about your case. By law, we must have a completed Privacy Release Form before we can assist you.

Next, please call our district office at (612) 522-1212 to speak with a caseworker, to schedule an appointment, or if you have any preliminary questions. You can also e-mail the appropriate caseworker directly.

Please know: House rules require that individuals residing outside of the 5th Congressional District be referred to the Member of Congress who represents them. You may verify your congressional district below.


If you do not know the four digit +4 extension for your zip code, please check the U.S. Postal Service website for more information.